- Smiling while driving. This simple practice pulls me immediately out of dualistic thinking and into wonder and awe of the world around me. If I can do this in the most average city in America, you can too! Give it a whirl.
- Hand over my heart while speaking. The thoughts of the mind can feel like the pinballs in the noisy chaos of a pinball machine at times. Anytime I place my hand over my heart I’m reminded of the steady, always constant, and universal good that is moving through my veins and ushering in the moment…without my doing by the way. This is the place I want to live from and speak from.
- “If I knew the backstory.” This subtle statement has immediately changed my posture in conversations, conflict, and relationships. Deepak Chopra has been quoted before saying, “It helps to remember that people are doing the best that they can from their own level of consciousness.” I’m confident that this is true and can help us all if we can be present enough to recall, recollect, and remember such wisdom. “If I knew the backstory” points my compass due north towards a place of compassion.
- Take a toleration tally. Last week I blogged about this and I’ve found it quite liberating. What needs to go?
- Read…and share. Everyone wins when you do this. You get to repeat the beautiful insight you’ve been given and the receiver of this information gets the potential to be outfitted with a pair of renewed eyes.
Sending grace and peace your way today.